FileMaker Server produces several log files, and FileMaker Pro generates at least a couple as well. Below is a partial list, and contains the ones most commonly used:
* Access.log (FileMaker Server) – Contains all connections and disconnections from clients.
* Event.log (FileMaker Server) – Contains file open / close events, script errors, scheduled server script run times, etc.
* wpe.log (FileMaker Server) – Contains events related to the Web Publishing Engine.
* Recover.log (FileMaker Pro) – Results from a file recovery performed by FileMaker Pro.
* Import.log (FileMaker Pro) – Results from a schema copy / paste (or import) operation.
Log files can be downloaded from FileMaker Server by going to Configuration > Logging. There is no longer any built-in tool to view logs within the FileMaker Server admin console.
With fmLogViewer you can easily:
* View multiple log files at once (and not just the ones FileMaker Server allows).
* Dial in a date / time range to the second (instead of to the day).
* Access log entries older than 15 days.
* Easily export the currently viewed data to any format FileMaker supports.
* Filter by √ Severity Level √ Code and √ Description.
* View warnings and errors with color coding.
* Get a quick count of warnings and errors.
* Hover over Code for a description (especially useful for Import.log).