Use InspectorPro to analyze your FileMaker solutions:
• Detect problems and warnings
• Identify references and dependencies for any element
• Compare differences between solutions
• Review security privileges
• Process DDR on Server (PDoS) for fast, flexible results
• Share development progress with your team
For solutions you inherit or for building complex ongoing solutions, InspectorPro tracks down and identifies problems, so you can continually improve your work.
With InspectorPro's help, you can:
• Map problems to respective links, fields, functions tables, and scripts
• Easily identify disabled scripts
• Add notes and tags for effective team collaboration
InspectorPro's comprehensive list of detected problems are grouped into 2 categories:
• Area Problems, such as a button assigned to a script that's now missing.
• Calculation Problems, including missing functions, fields or tables.
As a developer, you want to easily know all the places where a particular item is referenced:
• View and inspect details on dependencies and references
• Easily identify disabled or dormant references
• Quickly determine all reference locations
FOR FILEMAKER TEAMS
Collaboration & Communication:
• Add notes and tags for effective developer workflow
• Link back into an Analysis, pointing to problem fields and scripts
• Highlight dormant code, such as disabled script steps
Enter a note on any problem, or mark it as fixed so you can work through the list of problems as a team. InspectorPro shows if the problem exists on dormant code — for example a script step that is disabled.
Create a Slack channel for each FileMaker solution you're developing, or simply one channel for all development. Notes added to InspectorPro can appear in the designated Slack channel.
Trigger update notifications in Slack when:
• A solution is added, or deleted from InspectorPro
• An analysis begins or completes processing
• A note is added by a development team member
Compare changes between versions of your FileMaker solution:
• InspectorPro reports on changes, and highlights relevant items or code.
• Drill in to view change details, or run a report sorting by change type or area.
GLOBAL SEARCH / ITEM SEARCH
• Global search across fields, layout objects, calculations and more
• LOgiCATOR UI makes Item search intuitive and consistent
• Search results are neatly organized for review
• Review your solution's security privileges in depth.
• Security "cross tab" information at your fingertips.
• View privilege sets across base tables, fields, layouts, scripts or value lists
UX BY DESIGN
• Intuitive dashboard captures all the information you need
• Filter down to focus areas with easy toggling
• Navigate the tool as you would a browser
InspectorPro's "Help" has direct links to FileMaker help for script steps, script triggers and functions.
"We depend on InspectorPro as part of our workflow. Nothing gets delivered to clients without running it first. We never delete scripts, fields, layouts, tables, etc. without first checking InspectorPro for references. It's a time-saver and helps us improve the quality of the solutions we deliver."
- John Duncan, JEDtech Consulting
Introducing InspectorPro 7, with new features including: Slack integration for developer workflow and project team collaboration, Global Search in addition to Item Search powered by LOgiCATOR UI, Security Perspective to review your solution's security privileges in depth, Table Distance to analyze solution performance, and much more!