The Biometric Fingerprint Reader plug-in enables FileMaker to recognize individual users without requiring passwords or card swipes. With added biometric fingerprint reader security, FileMaker can quickly identify users and ensure secure verification before a user can access FileMaker.
Fingerprint technology can be used to recognize and authenticate individuals based on who they are, rather than what they know (passwords or PINs) or what they possess (keys or swipe cards). Used in conjunction with traditional FileMaker scripting, this product can be incorporated to solve issues such as validation of a user’s identity, confirmation for important actions or to provide special approvals by other users.
Combat fraud and boost customer efficiency with the Biometric Fingerprint Reader and the Digital Persona U.are.U Fingerprint Reader (4500 or 5160). The device was specifically selected for business-critical applications that require a high level of durability and a high degree of accuracy from fingerprint readers.
• Ensure accountability by linking fingerprints to specific actions
• Use fingerprints for accurate time and attendance tracking
• Improve loss prevention practices by requiring fingerprints
• Use fingerprint tracking to ensure adherence with compliance regulations
• Create an audit trail for sensitive data
This plug-in comes with a free 30-day trial and unlocked demo file, integration documentation, and instructional videos.
The Biometric Fingerprint Reader plug-in is a Windows only plug-in for FileMaker 32 and 64-bit systems.
Tips for getting started:
1. Download the demo file
2. Watch our free instructional videos
3. Review the Developer’s Guide and Functions Guide