The File Manipulator enables users to perform a variety of actions on files, folders, and drives making it the utility plug-in for FileMaker. While it is a seemingly simple plug-in, with the correct integration, File Manipulator can become an integral part of a FileMaker solution’s effectiveness.
The File Manipulator plug-in gives not only gives users the ability to copy, move, rename or delete files and folders directly from a FileMaker solution, but also the ability to conveniently compress and encrypt file and folder data with password protection and unzip and decrypt the files and folders. The plug-in can also query for file, folder and drive details, such as file names, file sizes, and the number of files on a drive.
• File actions include: Copy, move, rename and delete
• File information includes: size, creation date, modification date, and access date
• Folder actions include: create, copy, rename and delete
• Folder info includes: size, creation date, modification date, and access date
• Obtain drive sizes, free drive space and used drive space
• Monitor the number of files and folders within a drive
• Other functions include: get Drives, get folder and file names
This plug-in comes with a free 30-day trial and unlocked demo file, integration documentation, and instructional videos.
The File Manipulator plug-in is compatible with Mac and Windows.
Tips for getting started:
1. Download the demo file
2. Watch our free instructional videos
3. Review the Developer’s Guide and Functions Guide
Miscellaneous updates for security and compatibility.