fmMMS allows you to send MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) messages from the FileMaker Platform to almost any mobile phone in the world via one of the supported MMS Gateways, reaching over 1,000 mobile networks in more than 220 countries. MMS allows you to add any kind of multimedia content to your messages, such as images, QR codes, audio and video which are sent directly to the recipient’s phone.
MMS is perfect for sending promotional messages about new products or services, coupons or special offers, special event invitations, tickets (including QR codes) and real estate property information. With MMS you get the benefits of SMS such as high open rates compared to email, with the ability to add multimedia content to your messages, add a Subject line to act like a message headline and increase the amount of text you can send. MMS messages appear more visually appealing to the recipient and can lead to higher engagement with your customers.
fmMMS works with multiple MMS Gateways internationally and supports the following features:
• Send single and bulk MMS messages (messages are typically delivered in under 15 seconds)
• 2 Way MMS: allow recipients to reply to messages and have them appear in fmMMS
• Works with multiple MMS Gateway providers internationally
• Delayed Delivery: send a message now for delivery at a future time
• Delivery Receipts: track the status of sent messages
• Message Logging: track the history of all sent messages
• Message templates: create an unlimited number of pro forma templates
• Send Messages to WhatsApp Users using the Twilio API for WhatsApp
• Support for Webhooks: have incoming messages and delivery status updates pushed to your
FileMaker Server automatically
fmMMS is 100% unlocked for you to integrate into your own FileMaker solution.
fmMMS requirements include:
• works with FileMaker Pro 16 or later
• uses all native FileMaker scripts and functions (no plug-ins required)
• can be hosted by FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Server
• works with Macintosh and Windows
(Not all MMS Gateways support all features of fmMMS)
fmMMS now supports six additional MMS Gateways, including RingCentral, MessageBird, Cellcast, CDyne and Plivo.