Product Type: Extensions
Price: Bridge for Phidgets 4.0 is immediately available for download free of charge as a fully functional 14-day trial version, which can be activated after purchasing a license code. Licenses for Bridge for Phidgets are available as annual subscription and start at US$49 per user and device or $99 per user with unlimited devices. Server-side licenses start wt US$299 per server and year. Volume discounts are available for 5 or more users and 2 or more servers. Licenses for iOS apps start at US$499 per app and year with up to 20 users. Optional Premium Support and Implementation services are available with the purchase of Bridge for Phidgets 4.0.
Last updated: 11/9/2021
Language: EnglishProduct website
Bridge for Phidgets allows FileMaker Pro to interact with various Phidgets boards to let your solution control physical devices and physical devices to control your solution.
- Read and write RFID tags to track goods, assets and people
- Capture sensor data to collect environmental data such as temperature or force
- Control servo and stepper motors to automate moving parts of robots and machines
- Read digital and analog inputs to control your solution by physical controls
- Set digital and analog outputs to switch lights and other electrical devices
- Display text on an LCD display to create custom user interface such as cashbox
- Control phidgets over network to use sensors and devices located farther from your computer
- Compatibility with VINT lets you use the latest Phidgets devices
- Comatibility with iOS lets you control Phidgets directly from iPhone or iPad
- Compatibility with FileMaker Server lets you capture sensor data and control stuff 24/7
System Requirements and Compatibility
Bridge for Phidgets 4.0 requires FileMaker Pro 16 or newer running on macOS High Sierra 10.13 or Windows 8.1 or newer operating system. At least FileMaker Pro 19 and macOS Big Sur 11.3 or Windows 10 is recommended to get the most out of the plug-in. Bridge for Phidgets 4.0 runs natively on the Apple M1 processors.
Custom apps running in FileMaker Go can leverage the new server-side support by performing scripts on server. For a custom FileMaker app to be able to use Bridge for Phidgets directly, the app has to be built as a native app using the FileMaker iOS App SDK 18.0.1 or newer. 24U's Xgode online service can be used to buld native iOS apps without having to learn to use the iOS App SDK. iOS apps built with Bridge for Phidgets 4.0 can be installed on iOS 13.0 or newer.
What's New in Version 4.0Support for all current VINT sensors (at least 13 sensors newly supported)Support for using the plug-in in server-side scripts and web calls on FileMaker Server